We are the ones who knock. We give stuff away and we’re good at it. It’s time for all of you (possibly mourning) fans of the hit TV series BREAKING BAD to come together, as Dork Shelf and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have partnered up to give away a copy of the special behind-the-scenes iBook BREAKING BAD: ALCHEMY.
With the final chapter of Breaking Bad now behind us, superfans will have to say a tearful goodbye to their favourite small screen crystal meth cooks. Fortunately, Sony Pictures Television has partnered with the creators of Breaking Bad to produce Breaking Bad: Alchemy, the official digital book that fans can relive the Breaking Bad experience long after the final credits roll.
Breaking Bad: Alchemy is a comprehensive anthology that gives fans insider access into the production of the series and allows viewers to experience and interact with the show in a whole new way.
With 100+ pages of original content and more than 350 interactive elements, as well as behind-the-scenes secrets and stories spanning every season, Breaking Bad: Alchemy offers existing fans and newcomers the chance to experience the evolution of the show from the pilot to the final episode.
Some cool features for diehard fans include:
· exclusive interviews with showrunner Vince Gilligan
· a full series interactive timeline
· 360 degree views of the film sets
· blueprints and architectural set designs for the White home
· explanations of colour usage and character sound palettes throughout the five seasons
Notable features within Breaking Bad: Alchemy include: “The Cost of Doing Business” – an interactive timeline of all those who have met their demise on the show, footage of pivotal scenes, exclusive interviews, character evolution and reflections from show creator Vince Gilligan and other key members of the production team, special effects and camera angles unique to the series, 3D models and blueprints of key sets and more.
Breaking Bad: Alchemy – Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Catalyst – A full interactive timeline of the entire series, highlighting pivotal moments, characters and iconic props from the series
- Chapter 2: Breaking Down Breaking Bad – Explores the influences of Breaking Bad and features “The Cost of Doing Business” timeline
- Chapter 3: Tweak of Chemistry – Explore the chemical compounds, devices and forces used throughout the series.
- Chapter 4: Visualize This, B*****es – Dedicated to the visual style and art of Breaking Bad both within and inspired by the series
- Chapter 5: Crystal Clear – Dynamically experience the unique camera angles and color techniques cinematographers used throughout the series to achieve the visual style of Breaking Bad
- Chapter 6: Amplitude – Explore the music of Breaking Bad
- Chapter 7: Composition Cartel – Exclusive interviews with Vince Gilligan and executive producers, insider cues behind the special effects and production design
- Chapter 8: Payoffs – Highlights the critical-acclaim of the series and provides fans continued opportunities to engage with the series
Critically-acclaimed as one of the best shows on television, Breaking Bad has garnered seven Prime time Emmy® Award wins and a Peabody, and been named to the American Film Institute’s (AFI) list of the “Top 10 Programs of the Year” (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012). Three-time Emmy® winner for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Bryan Cranston leads an unforgettable ensemble including 2010 and 2012 Emmy® winner for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte and Bob Odenkirk.
Breaking Bad: Alchemy is available on iBooks for $9.99, a limited-time price: iTunes.com/BreakingBad.
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series hits DVD and Blu-Ray on Tuesday, November 26th.
For a chance to win a copy of your own and take a little piece of Heisenberg wherever you go, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with BREAKING BAD: ALCHEMY in the subject line. Please only one entry per household. Multiple entries will be deleted. For additional chances to win, simply like the contest announcement on our Facebook page and/or re-Tweet the announcement from our Twitter! Deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 16th.
Good luck and remember to stay tuned to Dork Shelf for all the latest news, reviews, features, interviews, and more great contests to come!
FROM AROUND THE WEB