Greetings dorks! We’ve got one final Gamercamp contest for you today! Enter for a chance to win one a pass to Toronto’s Gamercamp Interactive and Game Conference on Friday, November 1 from 9 am – 5 pm, courtesy of Dork Shelf and our friends at Gamercamp!
So what exactly is the Gamercamp Conference, you might ask?
The Interactive and Game Conference is a one-day summit focused on discussions about design and innovation in digital, interactive, and game media welcoming a mix of game developers, interactive designers, digital creatives, and artists.
Here are a few of the highlights:
- An in-depth session on the game design lessons from DrinkBox Studios’ critically acclaimed Guacamelee
- National Film Board producer Gerry Flahive sharing about the future of documentaries including the award-winning interactive documentary Highrise
- Mission Business, the team behind the spooky and successful interactive theatrical experience Visitations at the Drake Hotel, and
- A first-look at Stringer, an immersive journalism first person videogame that places you in the middle of an Afghanistan battlefield using the Oculus Rift and Hydra technologies—a collaboration between George Brown College and Cinema Suite
- Inspirations from the curator of TIFF’s innovative and popular media experience DigiPlaySpace
- The Royal Ontario Museum on finding a new way to engage audiences through the creation of games inside the museum
- A talk about the convergence of cinema and video games in the realm of title sequence design by the folks from Art of the Title (including our very own Editor-in-chief Will Perkins)
- Demonstrations on using the creativity tools Lua and ZBrush
The Gamercamp Interactive and Game Conference Arcade takes place on November 1st and will be followed by a weekend of events and in-depth lectures. Buy tickets for the Gamercamp Arcade, Conference, Talks, and Evening Events here.
For a chance to win a pass, email firstname.lastname@example.org with GAMERCAMP CONFERENCE in the subject line. Please only one entry per household. Multiple entries will be deleted. For additional chances to win, simply like the contest announcement on our Facebook page, and/or retweet the announcement from our Twitter! Deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Thursday, October 31st.
Good luck and remember to stay tuned to Dork Shelf for all the latest news, reviews, interviews, features, and more great contests!