Jon (SSMP) plays OlliOlli 2 and gets in touch with his teenage self before Eric tries to explain his issues with the media campaign after playing Battlefield: Hardline. They also get nostalgic about Tony Hawk: Pro Skater and argue about whether or not a developer has an obligation to be self-aware.
Special thanks to A&C Games for providing our review copy of Battlefield: Hardline.
And yes, there is some minor background noise near the end of the podcast. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 13 (1:00:32)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Welcome to the Terrordome” by Public Enemy
- :55 – OlliOlli 2: Welcome to OlliWood
- 5:00 –Tony Hawk: Pro Skater
- 14:45 – Skateboarding is the coolest thing in the world
- 21:45 – Battlefield: Hardline
- 28:00 – Cop games vs. war games
- 35:05 – The tone deaf media campaign
- 45:00 – Should developers be more aware of real worlds?
- 1:00:02 – Outro – “911 is a Joke” by Public Enemy