Eric and Jon (SSMP) talk Bloodborne, OlliOlli2, and Spelunky while discussing the the appeal of games that allow for mastery. Jon also creates a chicken man while Eric finishes Battlefield: Hardline and is amazed at just how little thought was given to narrative consistency.
Special thanks to A&C Games for providing our review copy of Battlefield: Hardline.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 14 (49:37)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Working on the Highway” by Bruce Springsteen
- :35 – Product placement in Transformers: Age of Extinction
- 3:55 –Bloodborne – Enter the Chicken Man
- 8:45 – Souls games are difficult
- 17:20 – Should Eric play Bloodborne?
- 28:40 – The contradictory nonsense of Battlefield: Hardline
- 39:05 – Spelunky (when is a rogue-like worth the time?)
- 49:03 – Outro – “Atlantic City” by Bruce Springsteen