Jon (SSMP) is out this week, so Eric sat down with co-founder Jim McGinley during the recent Toronto Game Jam (aka TOJam) to discuss the event and the evolution of game jams over the course of the past decade. They also discuss Chinese food and the quirks of game development culture.
This episode was recorded on-site during TOJam 10.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 21 (48:23)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “My Generation” by The Who
- :35 – TOJam, 10 years later.
- 3:10 – Why do people Jam?
- 9:00 – The rise of Jam culture.
- 17:30 – What makes TOJam different?
- 24:30 – The next generation of game developers.
- 33:30 – The future of TOJam.
- 40:15 – The differences between jam culture and development culture.
- 47:57 – Outro – “Baba O’Riley” by The Who
FROM AROUND THE WEB