On this week’s WhaleCast, Eric takes a look back after finally finishing Dragon Age: Inquisition and Jon (SSMP) grapples with his inner child after purchasing a Wii U from a random guy in a subway. They also discuss The Unfinished Swan and Nintendo’s history of making games that deliver a lot of content with very simple ideas.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 23 (51:24)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers
- :52 – Eric finally finishes Dragon Age
- 13:20 – Jon buys a Wii U from a guy in a subway
- 18:59 – How much content is there in a Nintendo video game?
- 29:00 – Simplicity vs. Complexity in Nintendo’s game design
- 40:20 – The Unfinished Swan and narrative games for children
- 51:02 – Outro – “All These Things That I’ve Done” by The Killers