Dorkshelf’s resident Hannibal Lecter expert Peter Counter joins Eric to discuss the Hannibal finale and to take a look back now that the show is finished. They discuss the themes, the characters, and whether or not Hannibal should come back while generally geeking out over what was one of the best shows on television.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 33 (57:24)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Hannibal Theme” by Brian Reitzell
- :20 – Guillermo del Toro and Crimson Peak
- 1:45 – The highly satisfying Hannibal finale
- 12:10 – How much agency does Will have?
- 22:00 – Poor Chilton
- 30:10 – Alana’s role in the show
- 41:35 – Do we want Hannibal to return?
- 49:40 – Parting thoughts
- 57:05 – Outro – “Hannibal Theme” by Brian Reitzell
FROM AROUND THE WEB