Eric sits down with Andrew Traviss, Alex Bethke, and Rosemary Brennan of Golden Gear Games to talk about Fate Tectonics, the new tile-based puzzle game that’s two parts creation and one part gleeful destruction. They discuss the design process, the financial pressures of independent development, and the things you learn about your own game at conventions. All that, plus the proper technique for naming video game achievements.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 34 (46:57)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Rebuild (Chaos)” by Robby Duguay
- :55 – What is Fate Tectonics?
- 5:10 – Learning from your own game at conventions
- 11:45 – The benefits of working in a creative environment
- 15:20 – The financial challenges of indie development
- 23:15 – Making your game more accessible
- 30:30 – How does a mechanic change when you add story and character?
- 37:40 – What games influenced Fate Tectonics?
- 42:30 – The proper technique for naming achievements
- 46:12 – Outro – “Mountains (Chaos)” by Robby Duguay