Eric sits down with Keram Malicki-Sanchez, the organizer of VRTO and the founder of IndieGameReviewer.com and the recent FIVARS Festival of International Virtual and Augment Reality Stories. They discuss the art and business of virtual reality and the ways that independent artists are experimenting with an entirely new creative medium.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 35 (36:06)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “End of Line” by Daft Punk
- :35 – The business of VR
- 5:50 – VR is a new creative medium, not a mere evolution of games or film
- 16:40 – How are indie developers experimenting with VR?
- 26:10 – Anybody can create for VR
- 29:10 – Emotional spaces in virtual reality
- 35:36 – Outro – “Derezzed” by Daft Punk