Jon Remedios (SSMP) returns to the WhaleCast and joins Eric to talk about Gone Home and Beginning Hour, the new demo for Resident Evil 7 (check out our two-part play through here and here). They also discuss Jon’s complete lack of journalistic integrity and the fragmented nature of game culture and games journalism after learning of a conflict of interest in the Counter Strike: Global Offensive YouTube gambling community.
All that, plus Independence Day: Resurgence and the influence of Dungeons & Dragons in Vin Diesel’s The Last Witch Hunter.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 45 (48:15)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “El Mariachi” by Skywhale
- :30 – Independence Day: Resurgence
- 4:30 – Gone Home
- 14:45 – Resident Evil 7: Beginning Hour
- 23:00 – VRTO digression
- 25:10 – The YouTube/Counter Strike gamling controversy
- 30:00 – Jon Remedios has no journalistic integrity
- 35:00 – The fragmented journalistic landscape
- 42:45 – The Last Witch Hunter
- 47:30 – Outro – “Shadow” by Skywhale
FROM AROUND THE WEB