Eric and Jon (SSMP) talk about Dragon Age: Inquisition and The Order: 1886 while discussing game length and the often unfair criticisms of shorter games. They also touch on Sunday’s Oscar ceremony and Jon’s impending trip to GDC, while Eric rants about shitty fucking inventory design in RPGs.
Download: The WhaleCast Episode 9 (52:59)
Subscribe on iTunes: The WhaleCast
- 0:00 – Intro – “Make Some Noise” by Beastie Boys
- :34 – Jon watches the Oscars and forgets how to do math
- 4:30 – Jon gets ready for GDC
- 9:00 – Jon forgets Eric’s name.
- 9:30 – Why does Eric keep playing Dragon Age: Inquisition?
- 20:25 – The Order: 1886 – Why is the length a problem?
- 27:00 – Are shorter games economically viable?
- 32:20 – How much is time worth in a game?
- 44:50 – Eric rants about the inventory system in Dragon Age (longer isn’t always better)
- 52:25 – Outro – “Here’s a Little Something for Ya” by Beastie Boys
FROM AROUND THE WEB