In The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, Nicolas Cage is truly set to take on the role of a lifetime: Nicolas Cage. Tom Gormican’s comedy, which premiered at SXSW in March, sees the prolific actor portray a fictionalized version of himself—one who’s so down on his luck he has to accept a $1 million offer to attend the birthday of a dangerously off-kilter super fan, Javi Gutierrez (Pedro Pascal).
To add insult to injury, Cage is then recruited by a CIA operative (Tiffany Haddish) and must embody his own legend and channel his most iconic characters in order to extricate both himself and his loved ones from the clutches of Guitierrez, who who turns out to be a notorious arms dealer. Could the Oscar-winning actor’s greatest role actually be a genuine self-portrait? If that’s turns out to be true of anyone, it’s bound to be Nic Cage.
The movie hits theatres on April 22 but That Shelf wants to send you and a friend to see an advance screening on April 20 in one of 8 locations across Canada, courtesy of Mongrel Media!
Watch the trailer and then check out screening locations and contest details below!
To enter our The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent contest just do the following:
- Follow That Shelf on Instagram
- Like our The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent post.
- Then tell us the name of your city and tag a friend in the comments.
One entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Contestants must be residents of Canada. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified via direct message. The contest closes at 11:59am EST on Saturday, April 16.
Advance screenings will take place on Wednesday, April 20 in:
- Toronto: Scotiabank Toronto at 7:00 PM
- Montreal (EN Version): Cineplex Forum at 7:00 PM
- Ottawa: Cineplex Cinemas Lansdowne at 7:00 PM
- Vancouver: Scotiabank Vancouver at 7:00 PM
- Calgary: Scotiabank Chinook at 7:00 PM
- Edmonton: Scotiabank Edmonton at 7:00 PM
- Winnipeg: SilverCity St. Vital at 7:00 PM
- Halifax: Scotiabank Halifax at 7:00 PM