Springfield Googolplex – The movie podcast for Simpsons fans.
In this non-denominational holiday episode, Nate and Adam are joined by special guest Daniel Baptista (co-host of The Movie Podcast) as they revisit It’s a Wonderful Life (1946), one of the top 10 most referenced movies on The Simpsons. From saving the Leftorium to the highly specific disguises of Homer’s guardian angels to a documentary imagining a world without zinc, we’ve got a bevy of Simpsons references to unwrap under the festive bush this year.
Listen: [powerpress]https://static1.squarespace.com/static/62d0ac2013efb05ee9dffd8f/t/639a23b9bbe09801c00c34b1/1671046198464/SG108_WONDERFULLIFE.mp3/original/SG108_WONDERFULLIFE.mp3[/powerpress] Download
Also in this episode:
- The miraculous origins of this movie and the clerical error that made made it a Christmas favorite
- How storytelling in The Simpsons replicates Frank Capra’s mastery of high highs and low lows
- A countdown of the five times this movie makes Nate cry (he’s a softy)
- Nate, Adam and Daniel share their middling Jimmy Stewart impressions
- But is this really a Christmas movie? Adam asks the tough questions
- Plus more bonus material at SpringfieldGoogolplex.org.