Dork Shelf is pleased to introduce the WhaleCast, our new gaming and culture podcast featuring Dork Shelf Games Editor Eric Weiss and independent game developer Jon Remedios (SSMP). In the first show – dubbed Episode 0 so there are zero expectations – we argue about Framed, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and a game in which you play as a bartender serving a large group of Corgis. We also touch on console exclusives and the recent Bit Bazaar in Toronto.
We hope you enjoy the show. Be sure to let us know if you have any feedback.
Download: WhaleCast Episode 0 (77 MB, MP3, 55:49)
- 0:00 — Intro – “Sugar Plum Sprites” by Robby Duguay
- 1:00 — Bit Bazaar: SSMP, Planet of the Eyes, Guacamelee!, Techno Tarot, The Byeg
- 14:20 —Dust: An Elysian Tale, plus more Guacamelee!
- 20:10 — The Old World: Leviathan, Steam Discovery, Dear Esther-likes
- 27:30 — Framed
- 35:50 — VA11 HALL-A, Itch.io
- 45:50— Sony Experience: Wattam, No Man’s Sky, Street Fighter V, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Console Exclusivity
- 55:35 — Outro – “A:\WASSAIL.BAT” by Robby Duguay
Our intro music comes from Robby Duguay’s the 12GB of Christmas Vol. 2. The full album is available over at Bandcamp.