After an untimely delay, Dork Shelf returns with another episode of the WhaleCast, featuring Dork Shelf Games Editor Eric Weiss and independent game developer Jon Remedios (SSMP). In the official Episode 1 (now with minor expectations), we talk about 80 Days, VA11 HALL-A, Papers, Please, Hearthstone, and the problem with game of the year discussions.
We still hope you enjoy the show. Be sure to let us know if you have any feedback.
Download: WhaleCast Episode 0 (56 MB, MP3, 59:24)
- 0:00 – Intro – “Sugar Plum Sprites” by Robby Duguay
- :30 – Whales, mobile and otherwise
- 2:10 – Android vs. iOS
- 2:55 – 80 Days
- 11:15 – Jules Verne, interactive storytelling, and choose-your-own-adventure
- 20:00 – Papers, Please, VA11 HALL-A
- 30:00 – The problem with Game of the Year: The Sun and Moon, unremarkable games, Assassin’s Creed: Unity
- 36:55 – Nintendo vs. mobile vs. other consoles: Mario Kart 8, Threes
- 43:10 – Hearthstone, Magic: The Gathering, CCG monetization
- 56:30 – Desert Golfing, P.T.
- 59:10 – “A:\WASSAIL.BAT” by Robby Duguay
Our intro music comes from Robby Duguay’s the 12GB of Christmas Vol. 2. The full album is available over at Bandcamp.
FROM AROUND THE WEB